Welcome to our University assessment system site
Our mission at Oral Roberts University is to develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through Whole Person education to impact the world.
Our university assessment system plays an integral role in measuring the success of our mission. Our students are assessed on their mastery attainment of the university, general education, and program discipline-specific outcomes.
- Informing faculty, students, staff, and our wider community on the achievement of our students
- Evaluating the success and promoting the continuous improvement of our programs
- Providng the data needed to drive faculty teamwork for program improvemen
Continuous Improvement for Student Success
The university assessment system measures the mastery attainment of each student’s learning outcomes. Each program uses and updates the following documents for students to achieve mastery of the learning outcomes:
- Learning Outcomes: A clear focus for student achievement.
- Curriculum Maps: A clear scope and sequence of instruction and assessment for the learning outcomes.
- Key Program Assessments: Measure the mastery attainment of university, professional program, and general education learning outcomes.
- Evidence of Student Learning: Data is reported at the university, college, department, and program levels to inform continuous improvement.
- Program Reports: Programs complete annual reports and five-year reviews to inform future direction and improvements.
- Closing the Loop: Faculty collaborate together to review program reports and take action to make program improvements accordingly.
- Cocurricular Assessment: Activities outside of normal class that are aligned with ORU outcomes and assessed by faculty.
- Glossary: A common language and understanding of assessment related terms.