Oral Roberts University has identified a variety of options for those who need to obtain a COVID-19 test.
- If you're paying with cash or credit, Premier Family Care, located at the southeast corner of 81st and Lewis, is also offering PCR testing. If you do not have COVID symptoms, you can either walk in during their normal business hours or make an appointment by calling 918.477.5190. If you are exhibiting COVID symptoms, please call ahead so they can prepare accordingly. The cost of the test is $100 and may be reimbursable through your health insurance provider.
- Prestige Medical Care offers a Rapid Result COVID-19 test to ORU students at a discounted rate of $200. Results will be available within a few hours of testing, and tests will be administered at their offices located at 10119 E 80th St Suite B, (just north of 81st Street between Mingo and Highway 169). You must pay at the time of the test, but you will receive a receipt that can be submitted to your health insurance provider for reimbursement as applicable. Use this link to schedule your test at the discounted rate.
- Carey Clinic is currently administering the rapid tests to self-pay patients only (cash, check, or credit card), for a cost of $80; they are not processing insurance for the rapid tests at this time. The clinic is located at 7125 S. Braden Avenue (near 71st and Yale), and you must call 918.481.8100 to schedule a drive-up appointment. Let the front desk staff know you are with ORU and would like an appointment for a self-pay Rapid COVID test.
Additional local testing options include:
- MCI Diagnostic Center at 7018 S Utica Avenue. Appointments are not required, but those wanting to test should register at mcicovid.com before arriving. The test is free for those with a Social Security Number, or $100-150 for those without a Social Security Number, depending on the test selected.
- The Tulsa Health Department is also providing free testing. Call 918.582.9355 to make an appointment. Students need to answer “yes” when asked if they need verification for “work” in order to receive proof of your test.
- Certigen Laboratory at 9309 S Toledo Avenue. They have set up a 2-bay drive-through mobile Covid testing
facility in the lower lot at Kirk of the Hills. They are not related to Kirk, but
Kirk offered them to use their facility/lot. To schedule an appointment call 918.960.4688.
They snap a picture of the bar code on back of each patient’s driver’s license which gives their information. They would update the information in their system to reflect the student’s updated address to their current location at ORU. And snap a picture of their insurance card and apply the insurance benefits. They do not accept payment and there are no co-pays, deductibles or appointments.
It takes about 3-5 minutes per patient for testing. And results take 48-72 hours.
After completing the test, ask for a receipt or some documentation that shows you have been tested.