Masters of Education in
School Administration (Public School Concentration)
Oral Roberts University’s online M.Ed. in School Administration (Public School Concentration) program will equip you to take your educational career to the next level. You will graduate with proven skills to administer a wide variety of schools and educational facilities, supervising personnel at the school or staff level.
More than this, our commitment to educating your whole person—mind, body, and spirit—can truly set you apart as a transformed educator, with the passion and priorities to make a difference in schools. ORU's high quality M.Ed. allows you to earn your degree your way, whether fully online or enhanced by on-campus modules for a small extra charge.
How will a M.Ed. in School Administration advance my career?
Our unique mission to develop Spirit-empowered leaders will enable you to thrive as an administrator private Christian school context. Your degree will prepare you to serve in potential occupations, such as:
- Elementary School Principal
- Middle School Principle
- High School Principle
- Kindergarten and Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School and High School Teacher
- Career and Technical Education Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- Postsecondary College Administrators
What distinct courses will I take?
To earn an M.Ed. in School Administration, you will take various courses such as:
- Philosophy of Education
- Culturally Responsive Education
- Leading From the Middle: Public School Building Level Leadership
- Leadership of Curricular and Instructional Practices
- Operational Leadership
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 33.5 credit hours. You could complete this degree in as little as 24 months when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as taking one 3-credit hour course over a 7-week term, with 6 terms per year.
How much does this program cost?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
What about accreditation?
ORU’s College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality (OEQA). For candidates who live in Oklahoma, whose initial degree was not education, but need preparation for the classroom, the M.Ed. degree from ORU's College of Education can include a Teaching with Licensure and Alternative Teaching certificate, from the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation. The M.Ed. in School Administration is aligned with the National Educational Leadership Preparation (NELP) standards and prepare candidates for Building level leadership and certification for School principals. ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
Any other reasons to complete my degree online with ORU?
- Graduate on time with a Success Coach who will walk with you every step of the way.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Receive academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning resources.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
Ask us about our FREE introductory 7-day Graduate Orientation class that will jump-start your graduate studies. Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Online.