Master of Education in
Christian School Administration
Now is your time. Step up to lead. Step up to serve. This dynamic program provides the whole person leadership training required to meet the challenging demands of today's schools. ORU's high quality M.Ed. allows you to earn your degree your way, whether fully online or enhanced by on-campus modules for a small extra charge.
This comprehensive program, offered from a Christian worldview, will prepare you to lead at the building level in a K-12 administrative position in a Christian school. If desired, this program will prepare you to successfully complete state certification, as well as the nationally recognized Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) exam offered by ETS®. PASL certification provides unique recognition of your ability to effectively use change strategies at the building level.
A Master of Education in Christian School Administration degree will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Analyze the change process of your organization and implement various strategies for leading change
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
- Lead ethically in personal conduct, relationships, decision-making, and resource stewardship
Career opportunities include:
Christian school building leadership positions, including:
- Assistant Principal
- Curriculum / Instructional Leader
- Higher Education Professor
- Higher Education Administrator
- Missions and International Education
- Corporate Consultant
- Educational Consultant
- Education Program Developer for Public, Private, and Non-Profit Institutions
- Curriculum Content Developer
- Education Policy Researcher
- Educational Software Developer
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 33.5 credit hours. You could complete this degree in as little as 24 months when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as taking one 3-credit-hour course over a 7-week term, with 6 terms per year.
How much does this program cost?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
The Graduate School of Education also provides the following Graduate Scholarships.
What about accreditation?
ORU’s College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality (OEQA). For candidates who live in Oklahoma, whose initial degree was not education, but need preparation for the classroom, the M.Ed. degree from ORU's College of Education can include a Teaching with Licensure and Alternative Teaching certificate, from the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation. The M.Ed. in School Administration is aligned with the National Educational Leadership Preparation (NELP) standards and prepare candidates for Building level leadership and certification for School principals.
ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
Any other reasons to complete my degree online with ORU?
- Graduate on time with a Success Coach who will walk with you every step of the way.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Receive academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning resources.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
Ask us about our FREE introductory 7-day Graduate Orientation class that will jump-start your graduate studies. Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Online.
Dr. Patrick Otto, Ed.D.
College of Education