Bachelor of Arts in
Theological Historical Studies
ORU’s Theological-Historical Studies program is an awesome avenue for students who are interested in gaining a solid knowledge of the Bible from the beginning to present day. With classes in history and philosophy, this program will give you a comprehensive understanding of the Christian faith in the past and its contemporary expressions. The world today offers a plethora of worldviews and ideas about reality and truth. The Theological-Historical Studies program at ORU will prepare you to approach these worldviews with the actual Truth from the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.
If you choose to major in Theological-Historical Studies at ORU, you will have the option to choose between two concentrations: Theology and Church History or Christian Apologetics.
- Theology and Church History Concentration: As a major in Theology and Church History, you will go on a topical, systematic, and historical journey to theology. You will gain a clear understanding of the beginnings of Christianity, the role of Christianity through the ages, and its present-day role and influence.
- Christian Apologetics Concentration: As a Christian Apologetics major, you will learn about other world views and philosophies alongside our own Christian faith. As a result, you will have a firm foundation to understand and respond to the voice of the world.
What can I do with a degree from ORU in Theological-Historical Studies?
- Church organizations
- Mission work
- Pastoral studies
What are some of the core experiences of this program?
Theology and Church History Concentration:
- Systematic Theology I and II
- History of Christianity in America
- History of Christianity I: Early Church
- History of Christianity II: Medieval Church
- History of Christianity III: Reformation to Present
- Charismatic Theology
Christian Apologetics Concentration:
- Introduction to Theology
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Christian Ethics
- Christian Apologetics
- Philosophy of Religion
- Theology and Philosophy of Modern Culture
What makes ORU’s Theological-Historical Studies program stand out?
ORU was designated one of the nation’s “Best Schools for Studying the Bible” by TheBestSchools.org, therefore, you can rest assured that you will be receiving one of the most high-quality, comprehensive Theological degrees in the nation. You will grow in the knowledge of God through your course studies and interact with your peers and professors over insightful discussions of the Word.
What about accreditation?
As a university, we exceed the highest accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of the top outside regulators in the U.S.
Are there scholarships available?
Nearly 100% of our full-time, undergraduate residential students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. To learn more about financial aid, click here.