Master of Arts in
Teaching With Certification
Are you ready for a career change to develop your ability to teach and influence the next generation? Acquire the strategies and skills you need to teach in the K-12 classroom from a Christian worldview. This hands-on program completes most coursework in the first year, allowing you to focus your second year on student teaching and developing effective communication strategies for educational leaders.
Classes are delivered in a face-to-face format of 15-week semesters, with classes meeting at least once per week.
A Master of Arts in Teaching with Certification will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Effectively use technology to differentiate instruction, learning, and assessment for a diverse range of students
- Enhance classroom instruction and assessment using proven theories and principles
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
Career opportunities include:
- Teaching in a K-12 Public, Private, Virtual or Christian School
- Missions and International Education
Are There Scholarships Available?
Many of our students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. Click on the links below for more information:
Dr. Patrick Otto, Ed.D.
College of Education