Master of Arts in
Teaching With Alternative Certification
Are you looking for the certification you need to further your teaching career from a Christian worldview? Acquire the knowledge, strategies, and skills you need to improve your effectiveness and leadership in the K-12 classroom.
Classes are delivered in a face-to-face format of 15-week semesters, with classes meeting at least once per week.
A Master of Arts in Teaching with Alternative Certification will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Effectively use technology to differentiate instruction, learning, and assessment for a diverse range of students
- Enhance classroom instruction and assessment using proven theories and principles
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
Career opportunities include:
- Teaching in a K-12 Public, Private, Virtual or Christian School
- Missions and International Education
Are There Scholarships Available?
Many of our students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. Click on the links below for more information:
Dr. Patrick Otto, Ed.D.
College of Education