M.A.T. Teaching With Alternative Certification
Are you looking for the certification you need to further your teaching career from a Christian worldview? Acquire the knowledge, strategies, and skills you need to improve your effectiveness and leadership in the K-12 classroom.
Classes are delivered in a face-to-face format of 15-week semesters, with classes meeting at least once per week.
A Master of Arts in Teaching with Alternative Certification will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Effectively use technology to differentiate instruction, learning, and assessment for a diverse range of students
- Enhance classroom instruction and assessment using proven theories and principles
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
Career opportunities include:
- Teaching in a K-12 Public, Private, Virtual or Christian School
- Missions and International Education
Are There Scholarships Available?
The Graduate School of Education provides the following Graduate Scholarships.
Dr. Patrick Otto
College of Education