Oral Roberts University’s Master’s degree in Teaching will empower you to become a transformed professional Christian educator with the knowledge, skills and inspiration to help influence and transform lives. With a passion for Christ, you’ll be inspired to instill the strengths of ethical behavior, knowledge and competence in your students who will, in turn, change society!
ORU’s distinguishing features to the program are the unit theme of ‘Transformed Educators’, the unit vision of ‘Transforming Society, The Miracle Ahead, A Transformed Generation’ and the unit mission of ‘Preparing Professional Christian Educators to go into Every Person’s World’.
The program offers two areas of Concentration: Initial Teaching with Licensure (MATL) and Initial Teaching with Alternative Licensure (MATA).
- The Initial Teaching with Licensure (MATL) allows you to teach in the public or private school setting. You’ll finish your bachelor degree in another discipline to complete a master’s degree and receive a recommendation for state licensure from the ORU College of Education.
- The Initial Teaching with Licensure (MATA) will allow you to teach in the public or private school setting. You’ll finish your bachelor degree in another discipline to complete a master’s degree but will not receive a recommendation for state licensure from the ORU College of Education. You will work with the Oklahoma Department of Education’s alternative licensure program simultaneously while completing our master’s program.
Above all, our unique mission to develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through Whole Person Education can set you apart as an inspiring educational professional called to make a difference. You’ll experience a life-transforming education that will prepare you for a career in the world of teaching future generations.
Our commitment to equip Spirit-empowered leaders is why you can graduate from this program fully prepared to lead with purpose. The ORU Master’s of Teaching program will empower and challenge you to do your finest work!
What can I do with a master’s degree from ORU in Teaching?
Inspiring, purpose-driven graduates (that’s you!) can enjoy successful careers as a:
- Public School Teacher
- Private School Teacher
What are some of the core experiences of this program?
- History and Philosophy of Education
- Pedagogy 1 and 2
- Instructional Methods/Strategies K-12
- Internship: K-12/Secondary Education
- Issues in Education
- And More!
What makes ORU’s Master’s of Teaching program stand out?
Through the philosophy of Whole Person Education, we create an atmosphere of collaboration, nurture imagination and court the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by dedicating ourselves to being masters of our craft.
On top of this, you’ll learn directly from faith-grounded professionals who know what it takes to succeed in today’s educational industry while leading with purpose to make a difference.
What about accreditation?
As a university, we meet the highest accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The college of education is also accredited by the following
- Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation (OCTP )
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
The ORU College of Education is recognized by the following agencies:
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Oklahoma State Department of Education
The ORU College of Education holds memberships with the following associations:
- American Association of College of Teacher Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Coalition of Christian Colleges and Universities
Are there scholarships available?
Nearly 100% of our full-time, graduate residential students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. To learn more about financial aid, click here.