Master of Education in
Christian School Administration
Now is your time. Step up to lead. Step up to serve. This comprehensive program, offered from a Christian worldview, will prepare you to lead at the building level in a K-12 administrative position in a Christian school. If desired, this program will prepare you to successfully complete state certification, as well as the nationally recognized Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) exam offered by ETS®. PASL certification provides unique recognition of your ability to effectively use change strategies at the building level.
Designed for the working educator, classes are taught in a hybrid, modular format consisting of 2½ days of face-to-face sessions, Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon, accompanied by online pre- and post-assignments. There is also the option to participate remotely in a live class via Zoom or by viewing the Zoom recording of a class on your own schedule.
Fall sessions are held in September, October, and November; spring sessions are held in January, February, March, and April.
A Master of Education in Christian School Administration will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Analyze the change process of your organization and implement various strategies for leading change
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
- Lead ethically in personal conduct, relationships, decision-making, and resource stewardship
Career opportunities include:
- Christian School Building Leadership Positions, including:
- Assistant Principal
- Curriculum / Instructional Leader
- Higher Education Professor
- Higher Education Administrator
- Missions and International Education
- Corporate Consultant
- Educational Consultant
- Education Program Developer for Public, Private, and Non-Profit Institutions
- Curriculum Content Developer
- Education Policy Researcher
- Educational Software Developer
Are There Scholarships Available?
Many of our students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship. Click on the links below for more information:
Dr. Patrick Otto, Ed.D.
College of Education