M.Ed. Christian School Administration
Now is your time. Step up to lead. Step up to serve. This comprehensive program, offered from a Christian worldview, will prepare you to lead at the building level in a K-12 administrative position in a Christian school. If desired, this program will prepare you to successfully complete state certification, as well as the nationally recognized Performance Assessment for School Leaders (PASL) exam offered by ETS®. PASL certification provides unique recognition of your ability to effectively use change strategies at the building level.
Designed for the working educator, classes are taught in a hybrid, modular format consisting of 2½ days of face-to-face sessions, Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon, accompanied by online pre- and post-assignments. Fall sessions are held in September, October, and November; spring sessions are held in January, February, March, and April.
A Master of Education in Christian School Administration will enable you to:
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision using a variety of research methods and communication strategies
- Analyze the change process of your organization and implement various strategies for leading change
- Develop, implement and evaluate equitable leadership policies and systems to ensure that each stakeholder is treated fairly, with an understanding of culture and context
- Lead ethically in personal conduct, relationships, decision-making, and resource stewardship
Career opportunities include:
- Christian School Building Leadership Positions, including:
- Assistant Principal
- Curriculum / Instructional Leader
- Higher Education Professor
- Higher Education Administrator
- Missions and International Education
- Corporate Consultant
- Educational Consultant
- Education Program Developer for Public, Private, and Non-Profit Institutions
- Curriculum Content Developer
- Education Policy Researcher
- Educational Software Developer
Are There Scholarships Available?
The Graduate School of Education provides the following Graduate Scholarships.
Dr. Patrick Otto
College of Education