Ed.D. Higher Education Teaching
Be prepared to engage and effectively teach in today’s diverse classrooms. This program offers the full range of coursework to be a dynamic Christian leader in higher education instruction. Designed for professionals with expertise in a content area, the program focuses on research-based teaching and learning methodologies.
Classes are taught in a hybrid, modular format consisting of 2½ days of face-to-face sessions, Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon, accompanied by online pre- and post-assignments. Fall sessions are held in September, October, and November; spring sessions are held in January, February, March, and April. This 54-hour, non-cohort, program is designed to be completed in a minimum of three years, including dissertation. Admission is continuous, with program entry at any point in the fall or spring.
An Ed.D. in Educational Leadership: Higher Education Teaching will equip you to:
- Create and carry out lessons characterized by best practices in lecturing, active learning, and problem-based learning
- Create valid and reliable tests and assessments, including classroom tests and authentic assessments of projects and problem-based assignments
- Create original, technology-enhanced learning activities
- Establish administrative policies and educational practices based on theories of adult lifespan and student development
- Critically and constructively evaluate the philosophical foundation of various issues and systems from a Christian worldview
- Select and analyze research in order to design an applied research project, drawing on knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, program evaluation, and reporting
Career opportunities include:
- University Professor
- Higher Education Administrator
- Higher Education Institutional Planner
- Higher Education Program Developer
- Curriculum Director / Instructional Coordinator
- Academic Researcher
- Education Policy Developer
- Consultant and Program Developer for Public, Private, and Non-Profit Institutions
Are There Scholarships Available?
The Graduate School of Education provides the following Graduate Scholarships.
Dr. Patrick Otto
College of Education