Oral Roberts University’s Doctor degree in Education will empower you to become a transformed professional Christian educator with the knowledge, skills and inspiration to help influence and transform lives. With a passion for Christ, you’ll be inspired to instill the strengths of ethical behavior, knowledge and competence in your students who will, in turn, change society!
ORU’s distinguishing features to the program are the unit theme of ‘Transformed Educators’, the unit vision of ‘Transforming Society, The Miracle Ahead, A Transformed Generation’ and the unit mission of ‘Preparing Professional Christian Educators to go into Every Person’s World’.
All of our programs are designed for the adult distance learner. The primary delivery system for the course offerings are an intensive and enjoyable 4-day modular class format. These modules have extensive pre and post assignments, simulations and dynamic in-class discussions. You will experience the contribution of national and international perspectives.
The program offers three areas of Concentration: College & Higher Education Administration, Public School Administration and Christian School Administration.
- The College & Higher Education Administration Concentration is specifically designed to prepare you in administrative skills for leadership positions in college and university settings.
- The Public School Administration Concentration enables you to serve as a superintendent or school administrator in an elementary, middle or secondary school environment. This track also offers a set of courses which meet requirements for State of Oklahoma certification for public school superintendent of schools.
- The Christian School Administration Concentrations focuses on the philosophy affecting organization and administration of schools. You’ll experience extensive practical training through clinical applications in preparation for leadership in private Christian schools. Certification is optional for the Christian/private school concentration.
Above all, our unique mission to develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through Whole Person Education can set you apart as an inspiring educational professional called to make a difference. You’ll experience a life-transforming education that will prepare you for a career in the world of education leadership.
Our commitment to equip Spirit-empowered leaders is why you can graduate from this program fully prepared to lead with purpose. The ORU Doctor of Education program will empower and challenge you to do your finest work!
What can I do with a doctor degree from ORU in Education?
Inspiring, purpose-driven graduates (that’s you!) can enjoy successful careers as a/n:
- University President
- University Dean
- University Department Chair
- University Professor
- Administrator and more!
What are some of the core experiences of this program?
- Organizational Theory
- History and Philosophy of Education
- Leadership Studies
- Strategies for Educational Change
- Contemporary Curriculum Issues
- Area of Concentration Courses
- And More!
What makes ORU’s Doctor of Education program stand out?
Through the philosophy of Whole Person Education, we create an atmosphere of collaboration, nurture imagination and court the inspiration of the Holy Spirit by dedicating ourselves to being masters of our craft.
On top of this, you’ll learn directly from faith-grounded professionals who know what it takes to succeed in today’s educational industry while leading with purpose to make a difference.
What about accreditation?
As a university, we meet the highest accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
The college of education is also accredited by the following
- Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation (OCTP )
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
The ORU College of Education is recognized by the following agencies:
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Oklahoma State Department of Education
The ORU College of Education holds memberships with the following associations:
- American Association of College of Teacher Education
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Coalition of Christian Colleges and Universities
Are there scholarships available?
There are many scholarships available for our doctorate students. To learn more about financial aid, click here.