The Oral Roberts University Music Therapy Clinic is pleased to announce the availability of a University Internship Program. The ORU Music Therapy University Affiliated Internship Program views music therapy as an established healthcare profession that uses music to address physical, emotional, cognitive, spiritual, and social needs of individuals of all ages. The ORU Music Therapy Clinic advocates that music therapy improves the quality of life for children, adolescents, and adults with disabilities or illnesses, as well as those who are healthy. In particular, the ORU Music Therapy clinic serves the following clinical populations:
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, ADHD, Intellectual Disabilities, Learning Disabilities, Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, Visual/Hearing Impairment, and other Developmental Disorders;
- Individuals with Neurologic Disorders, including Stroke (CVA), Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's Disease (dementia), and Traumatic Brain Injury;
- Individuals with Anxiety Disorders, Depression, and Emotional and Behavioral Disorders.
The mission of Oral Roberts University — in its commitment to the Christian faith — is to educate the whole person in spirit, mind, and body, thereby preparing its graduates to be professionally competent servant-leaders who are spiritual alive, intellectually alert, physically disciplined, and socially adept.
The purpose of the ORU Music Therapy University Internship Program is to produce:
- Accomplished music therapists who are able to serve a wide range of patient populations with extensive clinical skill, knowledge, and experience;
- Equipped health care professionals utilizing evidence-based practice models of music in therapy and medicine, and
- Consummate professional music therapy practitioners.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Alejandra Arevalo, LPMT, MT-BC, MTA, NMT
Coordinator of Music Therapy Clinic/Clinical Supervisor
2448 E. 81st St. Suite #124
Tulsa, OK 74137